A summit that serves, supports and advocates for Florida veterans by presenting information in the areas of greatest interest and benefit to them will take place in May, 2016.
On Saturday, May 21, 2016, the Florida Veterans Foundation will hold a summit from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm on the University of North Florida College Campus in Jacksonville—one of several Florida regional summits geared to helping veterans meet their needs in the areas of health, education, employment and entrepreneurship.
Additional Critical Topics to Be Discussed at the Summit
• HBOT / VA Choice Program • FL Veterans Homeless Program
• Florida Veterans Memorial • VA DIC/FL Changes to Death Certificate
• VA Claims & Appeals • VA Fiduciary
Expert speakers and representatives of various veteran organizations, including Veterans Florida, will be on hand to provide vital information to attendees, free of charge.
About the Florida Veterans Foundation
The nonprofit organization sponsoring the event has received a $1.25 million grant to provide the insights and assistance that best support the livelihood and general welfare of Florida veterans.
According to the Foundation’s website, one of the group’s “main missions is to provide emergency assistance to Florida Veterans and their families who, through no fault of their own, are experiencing financial difficulties that cannot be resolved by the veteran or other veteran service organizations.”
Other important Foundation activities include:
• Operating and Participating in Homeless Veteran Stand Downs
• Guidance and information services regarding Florida Veteran Benefits and Federal Veteran Benefits
• Printing and distributing the Florida Veterans Benefit Guide
Veterans Florida Participation and Outreach at the Summit
Attendees of the Jacksonville Veterans Summit will have an opportunity to learn more about the mission and vital initiatives of Veterans Florida, the nonprofit formed by the state of Florida to attract veterans and connect them to employment, training and educational opportunities, such as those provided through the organization’s business training grant and entrepreneurship programs.
“We’ll be presenting information about Veterans Florida’s services at each of the Florida Veterans Foundation summits and conducting important outreach,” says Veterans Florida Executive Director, Bobby Carbonell.
Jacksonville Veterans Summit Details
• Time: 9:00 am – 3:30 pm; registration begins at 8:30 am and lunch will be provided
• Place: University of North Florida College Campus, Jacksonville, FL, Room 1302, Bldg. 58
• Additional information: Check out the Florida Veterans Foundation website, or contact the group at firstname.lastname@example.org or (850) 488-4181.
Future Veterans Summit
The next Veterans Summit hosted by the Florida Veterans Foundation will take place in Pensacola on October 28, 2016.