Agriculture is Florida’s second largest economic sectors generating nearly $120 billion in economic impact and supporting nearly 2 million jobs.
The Veterans Florida Agriculture Program (VFAP) is a nine-month internship program to help veterans transition into sustainable careers in Florida’s vibrant agriculture industry. This internship will provide you with a comprehensive learning experience that will give you the knowledge, skills, and abilities to be competitive for today’s leading agriculture careers.
- The first six months of the program will take place at the University of Florida Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences Research and Education Center facilities located across Florida. The Institute is a pioneer in research for food safety and transportation, pesticide alternatives and even biofuels.
- The final three months of the program, participants will be matched with a local agribusiness on a working farm or ranch.
- Selected veterans will receive a $500 per month stipend for the first six months in addition to an hourly wage throughout the program. Participants will work full time (40 hrs/week).
- Participants are encouraged to enroll in a UF agriculture certificate program in which veterans are eligible for GI Bill funding or VA Vocational Rehabilitation funding.
- Those who do not receive job offers at the end of their internship will be assisted with placement in a permanent position in the Florida agriculture industry.