Florida is home to 20 military installations and more than 1.5 million veterans, and in collaboration with our partners, FPL plans to conduct educational outreach across all branches of the military to increase awareness of growing opportunities in solar energy in Florida – including the construction of new FPL solar sites, which is expected to employ more than 1,500 people in 2017 at locations throughout Florida in various roles, including equipment operators, electricians and general laborers.
Founding members of the partnership include:
- Blattner Energy
- CareerSource Florida network
- Florida National Army & Air Guard
- Indian River State College
- NextEra Energy Inc. and Florida Power & Light Company
- Overland Contracting Inc., a Black & Veatch Company
- Veterans Council of Indian River County
- Veterans Florida
Read the full press release
Veterans Florida is excited to bring this opportunity to veterans in the state, and will connect those interested with the right resources.
To see the list of solar jobs available through this initiative to which you can apply, click the Apply button below.